[VHFcontesting] Digital modes

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Digital modes
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:47 2003
First, I appologize for the lateness of this reply.  I've been away on business,
but here goes...

"Tim (KE3HT)" wrote:
> Has anyone heard from the ARRL yet as to the status of digital modes for
> the June Contest? I would like to find any written documentation or
> criteria from the ARRL that might define digital mode usage.

Here is what the ARRL's own rules say:

----- General Rules for all ARRL contests -----
1.Precedence of Rules:
  Rules for individual contests or events, including Field Day,
  take precedence over all General Rules.

1.2.General Rules for HF and VHF contests take precedence over
    General Rules for all contests.

2.Conditions of Entry: Entrants agree to be bound by:
2.2.The regulations of the national licensing authority;

3.1.All operators must observe the limitations of their operator
    licenses and station licenses at all times.

> Please no-rumors, reply with a reference to ARRL written materials
> (E-mail/Web sites) only.

So...unless a mode is expressly excluded from an event, it is allowed -- within
the limitations of your license class.  See the rules for any individual event
(http://www.arrl.org) to find out what it means for that event.

Ev, W2EV