Re: [VHFcontesting] A suggestion for Limiting MultiOps[was:Asuggestion

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A suggestion for Limiting MultiOps[was:Asuggestion for ERP-based Entry Classes]
From: "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:53:01 -0500
On 16 Dec 2003 at 19:15, Ev Tupis (W2EV) wrote:

> > Which presumes the contests are designed to support the
> > ARRL's Spectrum Defense Fund.  I don't recall seeing
> > anything published by the ARRL that states this.
>
> And THAT's the problem.  The organization is promoting activities that work
> against each other.  They have patently different goals.

They don't work against each other.  One (fund) promotes
use of the spectrum, the other (contest) doesn't discourage
it...in fact, the contests also encourage the use of
microwaves, but apparently not to the extent you wish..

If the contests discouraged the use of the frequencies,
they wouldn't be included in the contest.  Having limited-
band entry classes gives a choice to those who choose not
to operate on those frequencies during the contests (what,
six days a year?) for whatever reason.

By your logic, any activity of the league that doesn't
promote microwaves is against them.

> If there is a need to encourage some type of participation-class segregation
> of,
> then do so without limiting the use of our spectrum.

Having limted multiops, as we have now, or limited single
ops, or even single band entries has no effect over your
use of the spectrum.

I think we should add 6m to the 10 GHz contest...

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia