Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contestprop

To: VHFContesting eMail Remailer <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contestproposals: input invited]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:23:49 -0500
Lee Hiers wrote:
"Once operation has ceased, the same grid may not be re-activated by the same moving station in the same contest. Operation in a previous grid is considered 'ceased' as soon as a single contact is made from a new grid."

No ambiguity. Easily understood. Easily policed.

Here in the southeast, with no enhanced propagation, I might decide that I want to move back and forth from one grid to another in less than 4/8/12 hours.

And what if I decide to take the same route both days?

You should consider a different strategy. This one isn't allowed under this proposal (and neither is grid circling).

Both are perfectly legitimate activities.

Legitimacy isn't the issue. There are many legitimate activities that the rules prohibit. In example: a multiop may QSO their own operators above 2.3GHz, yet qso's below 2.3ghz are certainly as legit...yet they are prohibited.

Ev, W2EV