Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF+ Rate Sheet Subscribers

To: R Johnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF+ Rate Sheet Subscribers
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:32:50 -0500
On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 07:10:56PM -0400, R Johnson wrote:
> VERY INTERESTING MESSAGE !!!!
>
> I have 2 accounts on "vhfcontesting@contesting.com".
> I checked BOTH of the accounts VERY carefully and didn't see
> any post from Tom YTD !!!  At least NOTHING "From: Tom Frenaye
> <frenaye@direcway.com>" as your URL indicated.
>
> Maybe some other List members could comment on whether or not
> they got Tom's post here ???  If so maybe there are other
> problems than the League and VHF+.

I received it just fine.  All of the messages sent to the
vhfcontesting reflector are archived online at:
http://lists.contesting.com/_vhfcontesting/
W4RX has even commented on Tom's post.  There may be other
messages sent to the reflector that you have not received
if your email system did not receive Tom's post.

> I don't know who this the "List Owner" is, but maybe he/she/it
> (just being PC !!!) could comment on why I didn't receive Tom's
> post on the ARRL meeting that you say was posted here.

The list info page for the reflector is at:
http://lists.contesting.com/_vhfcontesting/  As it says at the
bottom, the reflector owner is ezimmerm@erols.com, a.k.a. Gene
Zimmerman W3ZZ.

K1KI's post was pretty long - much longer than most emails.
It may be that your email system is delayed in receiving it, or
decided not to receive it because of the length of the
message.  Perhaps your spam filters caught it as a false
positive.

> Yes, I would have known that if Tom's message was posted on
> [VHFcontesting] !!!

It definitely was posted.  If you never received it, you can
still read it in hte online archives.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com