Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF+ Rate Sheet Subscribers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF+ Rate Sheet Subscribers
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:02:43 -0700
> What I was trying to point out is the reason the "Rate Sheet"
> doesn't have a large VHF+ following is:
> 1- You must be a League member at $39/year to receive it.

Considering what we routinely spend $39 for this doesn't seem like a
particular hardship - it will barely get you 100' of quality cable and the
connectors.  Yet, for $39 you get QST, a raft of email newsletters, a
terrific Web site, representation in Washington, a nationwide emergency
services organization, detailed product reviews, legal resources, yada yada
yada, AND the world's most prolific contest sponsor.  I'll take that $39 and
compare the value against any other membership organization.

> 2- I never found much VHF+ info in the "Rate Sheet".

You mean you didn't like the moving electron field program link? :-)  Send
me some VHF+ info!  I pick things off of reflectors, out of newsletters,
etc. but there are only 24 hours in a day, too many of which I spend staring
at this screen.  If you have some good info, I'm just an email away.

> 3- A lot of VHF+ operators ALREADY HAVE quit the League over VHF+ issues.

And what did it get them?  Any more VHF+ programs, contests, or awards?  No.
Like I said, I understand the frustration, but gradually realized that I was
just shooting myself in the [nether extremity] by not participating.  The
benefits weren't instant, but they have been real.

Sorry you disagree - I wish we could "meet in the middle" and get some work
done.

73, Ward N0AX