Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge - An Idea

To: , vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge - An Idea
From: "Eric Smith" <kb7dqh@donobi.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:56:40 -0700
I personally think this is a  marvelous idea.  I plan on an
extensive presence on VHF+ for FD this year... Even going
to the highest decent operation point in CN77! You heard
right-- CN77!!  If 6 meters works its usual FD magic,
(usually better openings than the June VHF test) everyone
should be in for a treat.  Will also run the rest of the
bands thru 10 GC, so if you happen to be on the Northern
California or Oregon coast, point up North and give me a
call... If the WX is decent, great openings via
"pacific coast tropo" are possible.

  Will have to figger out which callsign to use... Plan on
having KE7V along and possibly KD7TJC...

With a "super rover" setting up VHF+ is an easy to do
situation.  Just park and call CQ!

Here in the Pacific Northwest, I have been able to make
QSO's thru 2304 on Field Day...

Really gets the HF guys going when you work someone 40 or
so miles away on a mountaintop from what one would consider
a poor location for that sort of thing, with s9+20
signals...

73 es GL,
Eric
KB7DQH