Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge - An Idea

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge - An Idea
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:41:51 -0500
On 5/26/05, David Hinton <ke4yyd@gtcom.net> wrote:

> We will have more folks participating in contests if we have more reward for
> the one or two band stations.

Mike wrote

I think we're talking apples and oranges and getting several different
scoring systems blurred.  As far as FD goes a 2 transmitter station is
not competing against a 7 transmitter station so no foul there.

Now I do support different point structures for different V/UHF bands
(especially for FD) and allowing you to work as many stations as
possible on as many bands possible for those points.  I would not
support allowing you a multiplier <rovers excluded> on top of that
<1+2+4=7 (X3 = 21) points>.  I believe the score would get
exponentially swagged and not fairly represent the skill and effort
that went into the contest.

It would be nice to figure out how to work the grid squares into say
into the 144+MHz contacts in lieu of sections.  Heck, do you really
want to have some fun, use grid squares for all bands, <DC thru
Light>.

My $.02

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH