Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results

To: VHFContesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 04:52:26 -0700
On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 12:13:40AM -0500, Stephen Hicks, N5AC wrote:
> Well, I checked the January scores and found out that although I had the top
> score in Texas for a Rover, three guys from California grid-circled their
> way to Texas and were scored in my region with 2M+ points each, placing me
> fourth... is there a reason for me to continue sending in a score to the
> ARRL if I'm not into heavy-duty grid-circling since clearly that will
> generate the top scores?

They came to west Texas because of the open space and flatness.
They started in the Midland area and drove north.

I think you should keep sending in your scores.  Every log is useful
for scoring and checking all of the other contest logs.  In addition
your operation is an asset to the contest.  The three rovers you
describe work themselves over shot distances and as far as I can tell
add little or nothing to the contest.

I think the real test of this is - that they could produce this score
on any weekend - they dont need a single contact from outside their
group.

As I said, your operating and activity is an asset to the contest.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net