Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results

To: VHFContesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results
From: Paul Kiesel <k7cw@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:15:34 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,

When I lived in Midland, Texas (Midland), I got into
driving around to nearby grid corners to pass out
multipliers to whoever could hear me and,
particularly, to my good friend, Brad, WI5Q. This was
before the Rover contest class was invented. I think
the ARRL got tired of my multiple entries in contests,
which very often only had one contact! Brad and I
would go to the corner of DM82, DM81, DM92 and DM91 on
Saturday mornings to work distant Great Plains
stations through the morning mist. But I diverge.

Later on the Rover category was created, and it made a
lot of sense. Trouble is, the rules allowed a lot of
flexibility, and one of the results is a negative one,
your situation. I think the ARRL ultimately is going
to rectify the problem (How could they not?).

In the meantime, keep roving. Even if you don't win,
you will have made the day for a lot of other folks
out there.

73,
Paul, K7CW  CN87  PNWVHFS    ex resident of Tall City