Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Contest Results
From: "John Isenberg" <ihi@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:12:37 -0400
To some extent, I agree with many of the comments made so far.  As Buck
says, you can always form your own grid circiling group if you want to be in
that category.  I have even thought about doing so.  So why didn't I? As the
rules state the objective is: "To work as many amateur stations in as many
different 2 degrees by 1 degree grid squares as possible".  In addition, the
main purpose in forming a Rover category is to open up some of the more
"Rare" grids to as many stations as possible.  I feel that what I have been
doing is just that, and to change my strategy to grid circiling where I
would end up working very few other stations is certainly counter to the
entire objective of the contest and therefore I personally shouldn't do
that.  I do work many Rovers as well as many fixed stations in my travels
and that is fine.  It does somewhat frustrate me to see the top Rover awards
being handed out to a few individuals who go directly against the objective
of the contest.

 Jack
WA2IID/R