Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling
From: "T. M." <k7xc@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 01:57:05 -0000
I have to agree with Paul here...

GRID CIRCLING  HAS NEVER BEEN THE ISSUE.

As someone earlier stated, Rovers in the very act of being a Rover do grid
circle to a certain extent. Thats a fact of life.

What is at issue here is PACK ROVER's working mostly themselves, generating
huge inflated scores, and working hardly anyone outside their group in the
process.

They clearly need to be in their own category... I cant say it any
simpler....

We need to encourage all Traditional Rovers, old and new, to do what they
do, and not discourage them by putting the finish line so far out of reach
it impossible to compete. Separate and distinct categories would do that.

The apalling lack of general activity in the 2005 UHF contest (with no
Rovers heard in N CA, or anywhere else for that matter) only made the event
that much more dull and boring... And I love 222 and 432! I did manage to
work grid #37 on 222 though. If only one or two Rovers had been active,
everyone's score would have easily been doubled, or more!

Removing the tool of grid circling when one Rover stumbles upon another, and
you might as well kiss Rover goodbye! A rover is entitled to work as many
mults as anyone else, to deny them that is plain flat discriminatory in
nature.

So folks, Its time to get on the "Protect Traditional Rover Now" bandwagon
while you still can. A couple more contests of 2 million+ "Pack Rover"
scores included with the rest of us and there wont be many of "The rest of
us" anymore...

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09ol... sk