Re: [VHFcontesting] No Controversy for The ARRL 10 GHz and AboveContest?

To: VHF Contesting e-Mail List <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] No Controversy for The ARRL 10 GHz and AboveContest?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:52:56 -0500 (CDT)
The 10 GHz contest is quite different from any other contest.  For one
thing, the number of stations available is usually limited.  Bruce may
well have had only 34 stations available to work in the contest. So a lot
of "pack roving" is taking place between the only stations available in an
area. EVERYONE in the area who CAN be worked is in the "group". I doubt if
anyone who could be worked was left out.

In the Chicago area many of the ops line up on one or the other side of
Lake Michigan and work each other across the lake, then everyone moves
around at least 10 miles and does it again, etc. until they run out of
time.

This year at least for the first weekend of the contest it appears most of
the ops are going east to Lake Erie.  I think there will just be a few
stations left in the Chicago area for me to work.  I can't travel too
far that weekend, so I can't go to Lake Erie. So I sure won't run up a
score like Bruce did.

I'm sure I'll have fun anyway.

73, Zack W9SZ