Re: [VHFcontesting] A practical consideration

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A practical consideration
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
Kenneth,
"Wishing" and "reality" are different things.

The rules can say anything they want (the wish), but
if they aren't enforced (the reality), they are
meaningless.

I also pointed out that I believe that the rules
already prohibit such activity...but those rules
aren't enforced.  They may as well not exist.

Additionally, when event writeups mention the Grid
Circling as a strategy that was employed but no
DQing/checklogging is done, that is a further
acknowledgement that the activity is authorized.

You can believe anything that you want about what the
rules allow/disallow.  The event sponsor's opinion
differs from yours (and mine).  Their opinion is the
only one that counts.  I'm willing to save my sanity
by focusing my thoughts elsewhere as I find new ways
to contiue enjoying the sport of radio.

Ev, W2EV