Re: [VHFcontesting] Poll Almost Closed...

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Poll Almost Closed...
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:25:24 -0700 (PDT)
> Assume for a moment we were to do away with the xA
> xB xC xD xE xF (x = # of xmtrs) categories for FD
> and just have one category for all stations and
> they all had to be field stations on emergency power
> period.

I may be speaking out of school here (I haven't
participated in a Field Day for a very long time), so
please accept my apologies up front if I misstate
something...but as far as I can remember, an xA's
score is calculated the same way as an xF's.  This is
a different issue.

Rovers scores are calculated entirely differently than
everyone elses.  This automatically puts them in their
own "sandbox".  Subsequent rules interpretations have
further seperated them from the rest of the
competitors.  Here's the final rub...

Their real operating incentive is now to encourage
even more people to join their self-captive packs (see
below).  Their primary goal is no longer to make
contact with as many other stations as possible, it is
to work others as it doesn't interfere with the grid
circling activity.

We don't want them in their own sandbox.  We _want_
them to play with the rest of us.

Ev, W2EV

>From above:  2.3.5.All Rovers are encouraged to adopt
operating practices that allow as many stations as
possible to contact them.