Re: [VHFcontesting] using the calling frequency

To: "VHF Contest Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] using the calling frequency
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:55:31 -0700
"If the big guns already avoid the calling frequency (which is not the norm
here) - what if we made the QSY rule only apply if you are on it?  It gets
policed by the other people on the frequency.

Tree"

>From reading the comments and looking at scores, it seems to me that in any
national VHF contest, there are about four completely different contests
going on.  One in the NE, one in the Midwest and Southeast, one in the SW,
and one in the NW.  If conditions are really good - they overlap.  If
conditions are not good, they might as well be on different planets.

73, Ward N0AX