Re: [VHFcontesting] using the calling frequency

To: k3uhf@earthlink.net, "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>,"Bill Olson" <callbill@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] using the calling frequency
From: aduhawk@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 03:26:29 +0000
We  use the calling frequency to announce where we are listening  -- just like
working split on 40 meter SSB in DX contests.  We like to run -30kHz from the
calling frequencies and will call until there are no Qs to be had.  Then we pop
up to the calling frequency, stir up a little activity and then drop back down.
 It seems to work for us.  And another thing...I believe that the less than
full-time/more casual/has a life that needs to be attended to even during
'tests/ operator may have the rig running, parked on .200.  As  time allows he
can walk past the shack door and listen for a second to see if anything is
happening.
See you all Wednesday at 222.070 and 222.100 from time to time. But wait,
there's more! I'll be punching the B VFO to get up to 223.500 for FM as well.
73, Tim K0PG

From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@earthlink.net>