Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:54:20 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Zack Widup wrote:

>It seems a few people are missing some points here.

I agree fully!

> Jim DID ask for our feedbeck, didn't he?

That's what he got, didn't he?  I didn't realize it had to be all flattering 'n
stuff. Heck, I even made a good suggestion of what to study. Something that can
have a real impact in the future.

>Have you contacted any of the members of the MSC or your Director?  My
>Director is easily accessible, being a member of the Society of Midwest
>Contesters and sending out e-mails regularly to his constituents; he also
>shows up at all the major hamfests.

I don't have a director. And when I was supposed to have one, I still didn't
have one. That's a totally separate issue, and I'm more than happy to discuss
that off list.

>As for the 144.200 debate,

Of all the things such an advisory committee could have been mandated with,
they get to study the use of 144.200 MHz. What can possibly be a *meaningful*
interest for the Membership and Services Committee in that regard? Wouldn't a
mandate to study contest participation and possible ways to increase that be a
little bit more interesting and logical? Those wise committee members could (or
should!) have sent that .200 issue straight back to the MSC demanding something
of real importance to spend their valuable time on.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com