Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:17:31 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hi Jim,

>I guess I don't understand why you feel that we don't represent the
>VHF/UHF/Microwave community.

Fair enough. Any group or committee represents those who set their agenda. So
the VUAC is an ARRL representation to the V/UHF community and not the other way
around.

> I certainly feel that I do.

That's good. And I'm glad you do.

>  The point I was
>trying to make is that our role is advisory.  We don't set the agenda or
>make the decisions/policy.

I understand. I guess many people (me included) don't understand why the ARRL
mandated your committee with something as trivial and beaten to death as the
use of 144.200 MHz.

This is not a personal critisism. If you took it as such, I sincerely
apologize.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com