Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:00:21 -0500 (CDT)
It seems a few people are missing some points here.  For one, at least a
couple of the VUAC members are also on this reflector and other VHF
reflectors - probably more.  Jim DID ask for our feedbeck, didn't he?

Also, it is true that the VUAC gets directions from the MSC on what to
look at, but I think you probably have SOME say over what they look at.
Have you contacted any of the members of the MSC or your Director?  My
Director is easily accessible, being a member of the Society of Midwest
Contesters and sending out e-mails regularly to his constituents; he also
shows up at all the major hamfests.

As for the 144.200 debate, I have never had a problem with that frequency,
either in or out of contests.  The excellent post by Bob K2DRH emphasizes
it isn't a problem in this area. In those areas where it is a problem, I'd
say the education step is more desirable than just banning the use of that
frequency for ARRL contest operations. It seems like it would be rather
difficult to enforce, anyway.

73, Zack W9SZ