Re: [VHFcontesting] Propoer use of Call Frequencies

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Propoer use of Call Frequencies
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 07:09:03 -0700 (PDT)
> 1. What is the current suggested protocol for using
> the call frequencies in contest now and why does it
> not work?

The current protocol is one in which you maximize your
score by operating as competitively as you can without
alienating the fellow competitors on which you rely in
order to maximize that score.

The only call-frequency that is "banned" is 146.520 FM
simplex.  The intent was to assure that the FM
contingent who was not interested in contesting (gasp!
<g>) had a safe haven to park their transceivers on,
squelched and enjoy their hobby interests.

/opinion on/
It is beyond me as to why this issue (banning 144.200
for contest contacts) is being discussed.  It is
counterproductive on too many levels to discuss in a
single email.

I will be inviting my Atlantic Division Director to
consider two items: (1) the exploring the
establishment of a "4-meter" band in the USA (for the
same reason that 60 meters was created) -and- (2)
establishing a committee to review *all* contest
rules, weeding out those that no longer make sense and
clarifying those items that are perrennial points of
confusion.
/opinion off/

Others will certainly chime-in on your other items.

Regards,
Ev, W2EV