Re: [VHFcontesting] poll

To: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] poll
From: curtis roseman <croseman@usc.edu>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:55:58 -0600
Contesters:

Just a reminder that the survey is not based on a random sample.  The
respondents were self-selected, not randomly selected.   Therefore, one of the
biases in this survey might be the result of people with strong opinions
responding and others not bothering to respond.

This is not a criticism of the survey.  I just want to make sure that
everybody, especially those who analyze or interpret it, understands that the
results cannot be said to reflect the opinions of VHF contesters in general.
The ideas generated from the survey, however, can be valuable as a starting
point for discussion.

Curt Roseman k9aks