Re: [VHFcontesting] poll

To: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] poll
From: Frank Brickle <brickle@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 12:00:43 -0500
frank bechdoldt wrote:

> I like the real time scoring idea if there is a way for rovers and
> portables to play along.
>
> I have also thought about passing messages along for points.
>
> Ie a messge starts in Las Vegas and should be sent to Phillidelphia.
> Each call involved in the relay would be given points if it made it ok.

AMSAT Eagle is being designed with a fairly powerful
text-messaging facility to be accessible with a minimal ground
station. That facility could probably be used for rover and
portable scoring updates without much hassle at all. It would have
the advantage of being reachable from anywhere in the bird's
footprint, and it's a big footprint.

73
Frank
AB2KT