[VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?
From: "JT Croteau" <jt.n1ese@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 17:36:59 -0400
Will the following antenna setup work without folding, breaking, or
otherwise falling off the rover as I go down the road?  I have a small
car with limited mounting options and pretty much limited to a trailer
hitch mount of some kind.

I have a 1.25" trailer hitch mount that consists of a square tubing
for the horizontal section and solid 1.25" steel rod 17" long makes up
the vertical mount.  1.375" diameter 6063-T832 aluminum tubing has an
ID of 1.259" so I am thinking of slipping a 10' long length of this
over the steel rod, bolting it through the rod in 3 places, and using
it as my mast.  The tubing supposedly has a strength rating of 40,000
PSI.

On the mast, I plan on mounting 5 loops; a 6M loop, a 2x stack for 2M,
and a 2x stack for 70cm.

Would this work?

Thanks

--