Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?

To: John D'Ausilio <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Tech: Mounting - Will this work?
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:27:07 -0700
On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 09:51:53PM -0400, John D'Ausilio wrote:
> I'm curious where you get your eleven foot figure? I've been running
> about 11 1/2 for a couple years now, and Bill ran even higher than
> that. You've got to pay attention to the bridge height signs, but I
> can generally get to where I want to go :)

Legal height in most states is 14' these days.  Some might be
13'6" but for the most part all interstate highways will
clear 14' with a few exceptions.

Here in Texas legal height is 14' - anything over that needs
an oversize permit and has to get a route from the permit department.

Also here in Texas the heights that are given on the over-passes are
all at least the height posted plus three more inches.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net