Re: [VHFcontesting] rover tech - coax

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rover tech - coax
From: jcplatt1@mmm.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:51:17 -0500
For my rover I use LMR-400 for 2m through 3456.   Each run is about 12' or
so.   This is one of the advantages that a rover has, short feedlines.
LMR-400 is wonderful stuff - excellent performance, moderately flexible
with big loops where needed, rugged, the N-connectors are a breeze to
install, and not too expensive.    I would not recommend the ultra-flex
.... not needed for a rover.    Going to anything larger has little, or no,
performance advantage, but is more difficult and costly to install.
LMR-400 ... good stuff.   Been using it for multiple years (for roving) and
have not had a failure with it.   I would not hesitate to use RG-213 for 6m
through perhaps 432 given the short runs either.

73, Jon
W0ZQ/R