Re: [VHFcontesting] Inverters, Rovers and such

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Inverters, Rovers and such
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:12:35 -0700 (PDT)
Yep, all inverters I have delt with all play with the radios real nice.  I run
my laptop off 13-14 volts now (it seems to run OK, 14.5 or 15v  normal supply).
I second the opinion of the kill switch. Only turn the  inverter on when you
need to rotate. It will be the best route to go.  Then, dont break the bank on
a nice inverter - just get an el-cheapo  from Harbor Freight, Walmart, Odd
Lots, ect. I used a 140w Sims before.  It would run a rotator no problem, but
not a whole lot more. My current  inverter is a 350-400w Coleman I got from Odd
Lots for about $30. It  runs everything Ill ever need to use it for - including
my drill and  saw for field repars HI (as long as I dont go full throttle on
em').

  Hope this helps,
  Steve, KC8QVO