Re: [VHFcontesting] Controversy

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Controversy
From: Dave Agsten <w4txs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
I think that rather than complaining about the "Grid Circling" guys, they
should be given credit for their innovation and technical expertise. You have
to admit, they put together some very fine rover setups. I agree with another
post on here that they could win no matter what. They would probably win as
rovers or fixed stations if they chose to do so.

Maybe a lot of this is really sour grapes. Think about it. Put together a
station that you are happy with and operate. Have fun and don't worry about the
other guy. I've decided to operate more and stay off most of these lists,
especially this one. It's time to get ready  for low band CW dxing this Fall.

Good luck to all. I've had a lot of fun operating the VHF+ frequencies over the
years......more fun in the earlier years than recently. Hopefully that might
return someday. For now, it will only be the CQWW VHF contest each year and
lots of low band stuff.

73 es GL to all,
Dave N8AG