Re: [VHFcontesting] roving check logs

To: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] roving check logs
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:54:00 -0500
I think you're missing how this is worded.  It would allow up to 30 contacts
with any single other rover.  You could have 29 with one guy, 25 with
another and 30 with another.  As long as your total rover to rover QSOs
didn't exceed 50% of all your QSOs, you'd still be Limited or Classic.  If
you exceed the 50% or if one of those went over 30 for an individual rover,
you'd be moved into Unlimited.

I like it.  The reason I like it is because of the 50% thing.  I might have
set the value lower than that, but can live with that.  If you go out with a
group or "pack" but you still make efforts to grab base stations, you're
operating within what I think the intent is.  You're contacting as many
stations as possible.  I've got no beef with that.

I'll be very interested to see how long this takes to put into effect.  I'd
love to see it in play by the June contest.

Steve
K4GUN/R