Re: [VHFcontesting] roving check logs

To: Army Curtis - AE5P <ae5p@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] roving check logs
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:25:50 -0500
LOL.... wait a second... let me make sure I get this.  You cry about not
having many fixed stations to work and then turn to lecturing others about
how life isn't fair.  That's just AWESOME!  ROFLMAO.

Relax man.  This East Coast Rover isn't trying to end your fun.  I'm just
looking for a little recognition that there is a difference between a group
effort and an individual one.  Its for the same reason single ops and
multi-ops play on a different field.  Its not the same thing.

I think the VUAC came up with a respectable compormise.  It should keep the
"pack" rovers happy since they can still have up to 30 contacts with each
other rover as long as their total rover to rover Q count is less than 50%
of their total.  Even if the total exceeds 50%, they are not penalized.
They just get moved into the Unlimited (multi-op) category.  Its not a
penalty to merely recognize a difference in operating situations.

This brings up another question that has never been answered.  Why are the
pack guys so opposed to entering as Unlimited Rover?  It makes no sense to
me.  If you're happy operating with a group, I don't see why you wouldn't be
happy being compared to others who are doing the same.

Steve
K4GUN/R