[VHFcontesting] Endorse Rover Rules Revisions

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Endorse Rover Rules Revisions
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:47:30 -0500
I have been following the discussions for a long time.

I fully support and endorse the proposed revisions to the last rover rules
changes, of 30 Qso's max with any other rover, etc.  The results of the
previous revisions were indeed very predictable, and log checking indicated the
need to take it farther.

One overlooked item in discussions is the fact that one of the reasons for
creating ther Unlimited category, was to prevent those who in the past have
gleaned awards from contest clubs for points gained from grid circling etc,
from depriving those rovers who put forth so much effort to work the contest,
rather than the rover 50 feet away, of awards.  Those who in the past have
circumvented rules and/or the seldom mentioned Code of Ethics will continue to
do so, to make gains and will find new ways to try to stay on top.

I believe that laser qsos should be removed from all contests.

Distance based points in North America not as easy to implement as in Europe,
but interesting to study.

Some rovers may leave out of frustration, others will return after departing
due to past frustrations.  Hopefully, when the dust settles, the contests
overall will run better and those suppressed in the past will now have an
opportunity to stand out and be noticed for their hard efforts.

Stay positive.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R