Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverters

To: Russ Hines <russ@wb8zcc.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverters
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:43:12 -0500
Russ, if you like to build things, the W1GHZ transverters for 902 and 1296
perform quite well. His prices for the boards are very reasonable. Also,
his transverters for 2304 and 3456 MHz probably work well but I haven't
built them yet.

On 3456 I am using the W1VT transverter that is in the ARRL Microwave
Projects Manual (Vol. 2, I think). It works very well; better than the
earlier versions of no-tune transverters for this band. And I built the
5760 MHz transverter designed by W1GHZ. See:

http://www.w1ghz.org/QEX/A_Single-board_Transverter_for_5760_MHz.pdf

The 10 GHz transverter I am using is the W1VT design from May/June 1993
QST. If you're an ARRL member you can download these articles from the ARRL
website.

73, Zack W9SZ