Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Transverters
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:20:25 -0500
That looks like a very nice homebrew transverter.

The thing about DB6NT equipment is it is so expensive. DEMI is more of a
middle ground for prices. It's generally far less expensive to build it
yourself but takes a lot of time. I am working on duplicating the DB6NT
transverter for 47 GHz. I made my own pc boards. I came up with my own
method of making a base without a milling table. My total cost will
probably end up being about $50 in materials compared to his $500 or so
price tag.

73, Zack W9SZ