Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion

To: Jack W6NF <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion
From: Tommy <tholmes@woh.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:33:08 -0400
My modeling four stacked of 6m loops suggests comparable gain to a 5 element
yogi in all directions with roughly the same takeoff angle with 10' spacing.
What's wrong with that?

Seems to me that the noise problem is there regardless of loop vs. yagi. The
noise on 6 at our contest site is just plain horrible at times with the yagi so
I doubt it could be much worse. That is a problem that Ned's to be resolved
with the power company, nothing else will be as defective.

OK, now I'll stand by for all the apocryphal stories about how your power
monopoly is unresponsive or worse, but I can say that ours has been very
responsive when we tell them where the source is located. Might be due to the
lead engineer being a ham.

I have the loops assembled and just have to finish building the mounts for the
side of the tower. More as it happens...

Regards,

Tom Holmes, N8ZM

Holmes RF Technologies, LLC

937-528-9345