Re: [VHFcontesting] 10 Meters in ARRL VHF Contests

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 10 Meters in ARRL VHF Contests
From: Bob K0NR - email list <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:43:50 -0600
On 9/20/2013 3:05 PM, John Geiger wrote:

I would definitely have to agree with us. Logic would tell us that there should be more participation on the VHF/UHF bands then there used to be, given the availablity and cost of all mode rigs combining HF/6m/2m/70cm. Now 6m activity has really increased over what it used to be, but I think that 2m and 70cm has decreased since I started VHF contesting in the mid 80s. I saw a FT100D for sale today for $425. Who would have dreamed 15 years ago of getting on 6m with 100 watts, 2m with 50 watts and 432 with 20 watts for $425? In a box smaller than the TR9130 I used to have?

   I have to conclude that VHF Contesting is no fun.
   <runs for cover>

   73, Bob K0NR