Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operations

To: les@highnoonfilm.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operations
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 16:17:24 -0600
On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com> wrote:

> K5QE selling off microwave gear and focusing on limited multi-operator
> contesting?

Mike wrote

OTOH, NR5M has been adding bands/modes to his station over the past
couple of years.  One of the leagues responsibilities is to protect
the bands, and one of the ways it do so is to produce records, like
logs, to the FCC indicating that we actually use the bands.  However
with the congress's desire for more money using the FCC to auction of
RF spectrum and the underutilized 420-440 portion of 70cm I see a big
threat to the 70cm band as those companies jocking for now the new 600
MHz auctions to take place would love to have 420-450 as well.

I d\to would love to see the SDR technology companies build
50/144/222/432/902/1296 model(s) as well.  And I would also love to
see an amp manufacture build a multi-band 50/144/222/432/902/1296 amp
even if only in the 200-300 watt class that would not cost the price
of a small automobile.  I would even love to see someone build a newer
version of the FT-736R, even if with only fixed 50/144/222/432 bands
and at a 100 watt class output, WOW would that be a game changer.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be
ruled by evil men." - Plato