Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and VHF
From: Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists@rlburns.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 06:34:15 -0400
On 6/24/2014 5:29 PM, Dan Evans wrote:

I've been planning to take the plunge again, likely after I get FD over I'll
work on it again.

Do it!

I had been using a paper log for my HF contacts ever since I got active on HF a couple of years ago. This spring, I finally started looking at logging programs and LotW. Why did I wait so long!?!?!?! It's really fun watching the QSO and QSL count grow in LotW.

I highly recommend getting a logging program that integrates well with LotW. I've tried the DX Keeper program that's part of DX Lab Suite and I've tried Ham Radio Deluxe. DX Keeper has probably the best LotW integration. Not surprising since the guy behind DX Lab Suite is on the LotW committee.

In DX Keeper, you click a button to select the Qs in your log that you haven't uploaded. Click another button to upload them. Click another button to synchronize your log with the LotW QSLs. It's pretty painless once you get your certificate set up in TQSL and, as others have mentioned, that process is fairly easy.

The LotW integration in Ham Radio Deluxe 6.2 is pretty good, too.

Bob...