Re: [VHFcontesting] Spotting and the DX Cluster in VHF contesting...

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Spotting and the DX Cluster in VHF contesting...
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:38:32 -0600
What I had planned to do in June and July, before this conversation
started, was watch KST chat (both 50 MHz Region 2 and Region 2 VHF/UHF
pages) most all of the time, sign on to PingJockey during "normal
meteor scatter hours" (you know, when all the sane people are asleep
whether the bands are open or not) and, with proper filtering, run a
DX cluster feed that uses RBN (skimmer net).  I figured that would
cover most of the "assistance" bases.

Even with that, I will probably still make scatter schedules with key stations.

This plan can certainly change depending on what (if anything) comes
out of this discussion.  Since I am a "rare multiplier", I figure it's
in everyone's best interest if I make an attempt to be 'available" on
multiple forums.  Of course, a minority of VHF contesters are actually
signed up for this list, so the word is going to have to spread other
ways.

Jay W9RM DM58

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner