Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF/UHF Panadapting

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF/UHF Panadapting
From: Huff David J <HuffDavidJ@JohnDeere.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:11:25 +0000
There are many people now using the SDRPlay RSP1 or RSP2 units for the idea of
a panadapter, because it has a wider and better receiver than some of those RTL
USB devices.  Note that they also have better front end protection on the RSP
units than most.

If you use a SDR receive only device like this, you might want to look into the
front end protection devices listed on the blog below, some of which are just
off the shelf purchases.  Place it on the receive antenna input of your SDR.
<http://www.kb6nu.com/protect-receiver-inputs/>
<http://www.ad5x.com/images/Articles/FrontEndProt.pdf>
Thanks,
David