Re: [VHFcontesting] Log Periodic ?

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Log Periodic ?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 09:23:42 -0500
I think if you're close to a metropolitan area with a lot of people to
work who are close by, the log periodic is the way to go. Some of the
Rovers in the Chicago area I know use LPDA's. My favorite portable
location is about 100 miles from the closest stations I work. I have
found it's advantageous to use a separate, larger beam with more gain
for each band.

73, Zack W9SZ