[VHFcontesting] Icom 9700

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Icom 9700
From: "Steve \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 18:28:01 -0500
 What I would like to see is the bottom 4 bands plus 1296 as an option but do
not expect it to happen. Regarding the 9700 my concern is will they have power
setting per band plus will it have a transverter I/O for adding the upper
bands. In the mean time I will stay with my modified
TS-2000x  plus my Anan-10.

73's
Steve
HF-3g +10g,
Beacons
222.060
432.320
2304.320
FN31NL

MY first though when I saw this announced a few months ago ?

..if this is a SDR based direct-sampled radio, there is absolutely NO
reason why they could not have a software load for the US/Canada market
that allows the radio to operate on 222 MHZ !  Maybe they would have to add
an extra filter or something, but I doubt it would be anything major that
they couldn't of worked out during the initial design phase.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.