Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 and the ARRL June VHF Contest

To: w5zn@w5zn.org
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 and the ARRL June VHF Contest
From: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:32:14 -0400
I thought it was a lot better than in previous contests. Sure there were some folks not using the contest mode, but I'm just glad they are there at all and I'll switch modes and work them. I can't get upset over it.

Now, there is something that can be done in the software. Have it check if it's a VHF contest weekend and have it only operate in contest mode on FT8 on the VHF bands on those weekends (or nights for the sprints). :-) Or only have it only operate in contest mode on VHF at all.

I too ran SO2R with FT8 on 6 on one rig, and with the other radio on two meters looking for contacts, making sure I only had one tx signal at any time.

73,
--Alex KR1ST (FN21fk)

These kind of gripes remind me of the