[VHFcontesting] crankup tower, multi band antennas, and coax

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] crankup tower, multi band antennas, and coax
From: Kim <whensley11@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 21:49:45 -0600 (CST)
Hello all!

I'm looking for feedback, suggestions, and experiences.

I have a 72-ft crank up tower that I want to populate with multi-band VHF/UHF
antennas through 1296.

My initial thought was to use one feedline (heliax) with relays to select the
source and the corresponding antenna.

In raising and lowering the antenna my intention was to walk the feedline out
to avoid kinks and sharp bends.

Another approach would be multiple feedlines.

There would be only one antenna per band for terrestrial work.

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

73, Kim - WG8S