Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 activity night

To: wz1v@sbcglobal.net, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NEWSVHF] 222 activity night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 22:17:41 -0400
Hi Ron & 222 fanatics,

There was a bunch of activity, and it was great to hear Bill, K1DY in there making noise.  I worked many of the same stations that you did, and despite the rain and depressed signals from K2DLL/b all day, I was surprised to hear good signals from many of the players this evening.  W8ZN was 5X5 on SSB. N2JMH was ungodly loud from FN12, and Dana VE3DS was a good 559 or so on CW from Toronto. I had a squeaker of a contact with WA3EOQ but we completed rather quickly. I was expecting to have more trouble given the poor conditions. Howard is a 500 miler.

My list: WA3NUF FN20, WZ1V FN31, K1DY FN54, N2PA FN12, W1ZC FN42, KA6U DN86, W8ZN FM09, AF1T FN43, K1PXE FN31, WW1M FN43, WA1T FN43, N2JMH FN12, WA3EOQ FM09, VE3DS FN03, N1SV FN42, N0AKC EN44.

Somehow I missed W1FKF here in my frontyard in NH! and two of the contacts were via the EME route with KA6U and N0AKC. There was a bunch of EME activity while the activity night was going on. WA4NJP, N1AV in AZ, ND0B, W5EME, N0AKC and KA6U were all making noise.

One great contact I saw was made by W5EME in LA, and AJ6T in TN, a 469 mile path, and AJ6T is running just 30 watts.  I know that W8ZN worked a bunch of stations too, and I hope he lets us all know how he did along with Howard WA3EOQ and some of the other stations farther to the west. Thanks to all who got on. It sure is fun!

73

Dave K1WHS