[WriteLog] Vers 10.23 crashed with serial Mouse

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Vers 10.23 crashed with serial Mouse
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (Ed Sleight)
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 17:39:41 +0000
Wil DJ7AA wrote:
> I using a 16bit Serial Port card, where I can use different IRQs for
> each !! COMports. So this configuration running OK with so many
> different software, and the crash also comes when I use only the mouse
> and no other device..!!!
> Configuration: Com1 IRQ4 Com2 IRQ3 COM3 IRQ5 COM4 IRQ11

First of all, I think we need a little more information, such as what
devices are on these ports.

Since you're using WL, it obvious you must have a sound card. How is it
configured and on what IRQ? Also, obviously, you have a modem installed.
What is the comm port and IRQ on it?

A good way to check to see all this information is Start, Settings,
Control Panel, System, and then click on the small computer screen at
the very top. That will show you all the IRQ settings.

And just a shot out of the blue, does that card have 4 ports on it? And
if so, have you set Comms 1 and 2 to DISABLE in the BIOS?

73
Ed