[WriteLog] Working dupes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Working dupes
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:00:37 -0500
> > Maybe a good thing to for Wayne to do is if there is no
> > %B%B in the message to assume you want to work the dupe and
> > send the remainder of the message.  If there is a %B%B in
> > the message, do as he does now.
> >
> > How does that sound to everybody?
> >
> > Chad WE9V
>
> I vote for leaving it alone. When you read the docs and see how
> %B works, you know what to do. It's a one-time learning
> experience. Also, when S&P'ing, it's an added protection to keep
> you from calling a dupe. Suppose you enter a call, and don't see
> the dupe notice. You hit F4 to call (or whichever buffer contains
> your call) and nothing is sent.

But you misunderstand me.  If F4=%B%BW2UP, it
will not send your call for a dupe.  That is
where I said, "If there is a %B%B in the message,
do as it does now", meaning, function the way it does now.

For example:
F2=%C %Bqso b4% 5nn %
    This will send QSO B4 to dupes and exchange to new stations.
F2=%C 5nn %
    This will send exchange regardless of dupe status.

If you use %B, it would work the same way as it does now.
If you choose not to use %B, it would send the same message
to everybody.

I am not saying to delete the %B function.  Just change
the way it works if %B isn't present.

Chad WE9V