[WriteLog] Working dupes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Working dupes
From: k0ms@gte.net (Mark Shelton)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:45:39 -0500
Hi Jim,

How are things down the road? Well, I take the opposite approach. I say work
'em and log 'em. If I'm calling CQ during a contest and a dupe calls me, I
just work 'em. WriteLog will figure out the score, and as others have stated
in this thread, it takes less time to work them than it does to tell them
they're a dupe. Given that it's not any extra effort to work them, I also
like to think of it as a courtesy to the other station. They may have busted
my call the first time and may be looking to confirm a county or a country
or a state for an award. I don't mind helping them out with the wallpaper.

You're right about one thing though. It's not as elegant of an operating
practice though.

Mark, KOMS