[WriteLog] Working dupes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Working dupes
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:07:46 +0100
Hi Chad

> Maybe a good thing to for Wayne to do is if there is no
> %B%B in the message to assume you want to work the dupe and
> send the remainder of the message.  If there is a %B%B in
> the message, do as he does now.
>
> How does that sound to everybody?

Sounds eminently sensible to me, but then it would, wouldn't it!

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would take the
time to tell someone they're a dupe instead of working them, it
takes as long, potentially results in conflicts, and possibly
dumps you in the arms of the UBN police. It may have had some
relevance in the days of paper logging, but now?. After all how
do you *know* that you are in the other station's log; quite
simply you can't know.

73

Clive
GW3NJW