[WriteLog] PTT asserted when it should not be

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT asserted when it should not be
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 10:01:14 -0500
--=====================_4152490==_.ALT

At 15:41 10/6/2001, ON7UI/Etienne wrote:

> >I do not know how many tgimes I have to say this.
>

>Hi Gil,
>do not say it anymore.
>1) read read read

I read and it says NOTHING about this.

>2) try try try try try try

I tried everything I can think of.

Nobody has said that DTR is not going to be asserted the way I indicated.
If that is the way it works I will just live with it although ti is wrong
in my opinion. Obviously I have something wrong here. I don't have the
faintest idea what. BOTH RTS and DTR are asserted when the program is
running NO MATTER WHAT.
I don't know what to do. I don't think that is the way it is designed but
it is the way it is working here.

>3) mail (1)
>
>A couple of days ago you got a complaint about a (doubtfull) duplicate mail
>from Ron, K5DJ.

I admitted that the duplicate mail wa a problem with filters in EUDORA.
That was my fault.

>By now you are filling this reflector with 5+ mails a day.
>Maybe you could ask on the Zakanaka, Digipan, winpskse, etc .. reflectors
>why  they do not work like Writelog.

No use of  doing that. Those are working in the way that I am told this one
should. It just is not for me and I do not have any more idea of what to
do. DTR should NEVER be asserted I am told and RTS should ONLY be asserted
when transmitting. That is not  happening with WriteLog and I have no idea
why and the manual is of no help.
I already am following it to the letter.

>73
>Etienne/on7ui

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_4152490==_.ALT

At 15:41 10/6/2001, ON7UI/Etienne wrote:<br><br>
have to say this.<br><br>
Hi Gil,<br>
do not say it anymore.<br>
I read and it says NOTHING about this.<br><br>
try</blockquote><br>
I tried everything I can think of.<br><br>
Nobody has said that DTR is not going to be asserted the way I indicated.
If that is the way it works I will just live with it although ti is wrong
in my opinion. Obviously I have something wrong here. I don't have the
faintest idea what. BOTH RTS and DTR are asserted when the program is
running NO MATTER WHAT. <br>
I don't know what to do. I don't think that is the way it is designed but
it is the way it is working here.<br><br>
A couple of days ago you got a complaint about a (doubtfull) duplicate
mail<br>
I admitted that the duplicate mail wa a problem with filters in EUDORA.
That was my fault.<br><br>
reflector with 5+ mails a day.<br>
Maybe you could ask on the Zakanaka, Digipan, winpskse, etc ..
reflectors<br>
why&nbsp; they do not work like Writelog.<br>
No use of&nbsp; doing that. Those are working in the way that I am told
this one should. It just is not for me and I do not have any more idea of
what to do. DTR should NEVER be asserted I am told and RTS should ONLY be
asserted when transmitting. That is not&nbsp; happening with WriteLog and
I have no idea why and the manual is of no help.<br>
I already am following it to the letter.<br><br>
Etienne/on7ui</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>