[WriteLog] I can't stand it anymore - Pro Writelog Comment

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] I can't stand it anymore - Pro Writelog Comment
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:03:55 -0000
I agree with Richard 100%. Insult or piss off Wayne and he will ignore
you. If enough people do it, who knows, he may give it up.

Here's my real life analogy:
In the late 80s/early 90s, I was produced and sold kits for a packet
modem I designed, for the Commodore 64 (Digicom64). The first few
years (I call it the "first wave") were fun, getting a lot of positive
feedback, and I even made a little money (less than $10/kit, actually).
Eventually the first wave ended, and the second wave began. It
included guys who never built anything before, but were too cheap to
buy it from me pre-assembled.  Some of the PC boards (approx 3x5
inches with several ICs and other small parts) returned to me looked
like they were assembled using a blowtorch or 200 W Weller gun.  A
few I could handle. At some point, it became too time consuming and
frustrating, and I just said "I don't need this. I have a life and real job,"
and that was it for me.

Let's not do this to Wayne.
73,
Barry W2UP