[WriteLog] Serial Port CW - Choppy CW?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial Port CW - Choppy CW?
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:58:17 -0600
Thanks for all the replies.  I should have been a bit more specific on why
I was asking.

On a previous machine running Win98 the lpt port did a good job of sending
cw other than the occasional missed character.  I purchased the W5XD keyer
which makes cw very smooth all of the time.

I now have a new 1.4ghz machine with Windows XP, so the LPT port cannot be
used.  Since I only use the W5XD keyer for cw and really have no near
future plans for SO2R I wanted to see if the simple resistor/npn transistor
on the com port interface would work.  Sounds like it will.  I'll get into
the junk box and build up an interface and find out.

I'll report back to the group when the interface has been built and tested.